| || ||Learning
See if you can recognise the learning style of your
child, but remember that many children will display aspects of more that one
Visual learners are:
- Likely to speak quickly.
- Able to plan.
- Good at spelling.
- Better at remembering what has been
seen opposed to what has been heard.
- Forgetful when it comes to relaying
- Happy to read than be read to.
- Prone to doodling during
They will like to learn by :
- Looking at words and noticing
- Saying or repeating words.
- Copying or tracing words
- Cover word and Write from memory and
Check at the end.
- Writing a word in the air or on your
- Writing in large felt tip pens.
- Post It notes round the house.
- Flash cards.
- Learn by listening opposed to what
has been seen.
- Talk to themselves whilst working.
- Are easily distracted by noise.
- Better at telling than writing.
- Move lips and pronounce words as
- Love discussions.
- Can spell better out loud that
They will like to learn by:
- Rhythms and tapping to spellings.
- Breaking words down into parts.
- Follow me – you say it, they say it.
- Saying spellings as a rap.
- Learn by doing.
- Want to act things out.
- Touch people to get attention.
- Speak slowly.
- Gesture a lot.
- Are Restless.
- May have messy handwriting.
- Use action words.
They will like to learn by
- Feeling you spell the words on their
- Making words with pipe cleaners.
- Making words with playdough.
- Mnemonics – make silly sentences.
SAID becomes Sad Ants In Dustbins
- Using different colours.