Your Child Develop their Memory Skills
1. Auditory memory skills
- Clapping a rhythm and making your
child copy it.
- Repeat a story that you have told
them in the correct order.
- Play a game like “I went on my
holiday and put into my suitcase.
- Re-tell a joke.
- Simon says.
- Ask your child to name three things
found in the kitchen. Build up the number of items.
2. Visual memory
- Spot the difference.
- Dot to dot.
- Bingo with pictures or words.
- Odd man out.
- Wordsearches (that track left to
- Kim’s game – where you show your
child a set of picture cards and they have to try to recall them after a few
minutes of looking at them.
- Place objects on a tray and ask your
child to memorise it. Remove an object without seeing which one, and see if
he/she can identify it.